Vertical Ventures Presents the Tampa Bouldering Series
The 7th installment of the world renown Tampa Bouldering Series gets underway on Saturday, March 24th. This 3 part competition brings climbers of all abilities together from around the Tampa Bay region and the state of Florida. Male, female and youth competitors can choose between Recreational, Intermediate, Advanced and Open divisions.
Oh ya, and there's a Masters division for the 35 and up 'experienced' climbers. As we all know, life happens, so of the three 3-hour comps, only two count towards your final score. So sign up and come on out for comp day climbing, burgers and beer!
Step 1. Choose your division:
recreational | intermediate | advanced | open | youth | masters
Step 2. Register online
Step 3. Like us on facebook so you can receive info, results and special beta bonuses!
Step 4. Show up to at least 2 of the 3 comps (but you're better off coming to all 3 in case you choke during one of the events).
Step 5. Never let go.
Step 6. Try hard to place well in your division so you can improve your chances of winning the Chattanooga Get-Away!
Step 7. Make sure to be at the last comp on Saturday, May 12th so you can grab your share of awesome loot as well as your t-shirt.
3 nights stay for two people at The Crashpad
Chattanooga's ultimate base camp and community hub for adventurous travelers.
$50 giftcard to Lupi's Pizza
The center of the universe as far as post-climb feasting is concerned in the deep south.
Stone Fort Bouldering guidebook by Greener Grass Publishing
The first comprehensive guidebook to this amazing area, with close to 700 problems documented and described for the first time in a highly visual and colorful format.
4 Day Passes to Urban Rocks
Chattanooga's full service indoor rock climbing gym. You know, it does rain sometimes.
Every adult competitor
is entered in to the random drawing for this trip. By placing well in your division, you can increase your odds by receiving more raffle tickets to put into the drawing.
The T.B.S consists of 3 redpoint format bouldering competitions held every few weeks on a Saturday evening. The series winners are based on each competitors TOP TWO finishes of the three events.
- Each event will be a redpoint format - meaning you have unlimited tries to complete a route, but you lose 10 points each time you fall.
- The harder the route, the more points it is worth.
- Points are only given if a route is witnessed and completed from start to finish. You must RECORD EVERY ATTEMPT by having 2 peers or 1 judge initial for each problem completed and mark each fall taken.
- To be considered completed you must control the last hold(match or hold for 2 seconds).
- Touching any hold on a route is considered an attempt.
- If you use a hold or feature that is off route no points can be earned and the attempt will count.
- If a hold spins, step off immediately or the attempt will count.
- All features are off unless marked on.
We'll be serving up tasty treats from the grill and cold beverages at each comp, so make sure you attend.
Please note - competitors can not climb at Vertical Ventures after the TUESDAY before each event. Routes will go up starting Wednesday.
Use the pay now button to the right to, well... pay now. Why would you not? Shoot, you could pay the $30, not even show up to a comp, and you'd still get your shirt and possibly even win the Chattanooga Get-away.
Register by March 23 so you don't miss any events. Don't forget to choose your division and your shirt size!