Location and Directions
Camping is free at the Rock Town camping area. No camping in the boulders or on the Lost Wall ridge.
Click here for a guide to Rocktown.
Rock Town Reminders
Rock Town has become very popular. The SCC and the Atlanta Climbing Club have been sponsoring trail days over the last few years to help improve the area. Please consider joining the SCC or at least helping on a trail day.
- Treat the land with respect, like don’t swing on the saplings or litter; stay on the beaten path. Read Minimum Impact in the Boulderfields
- Participate at trail days
- Car pool to minimize cars in the parking lot.
- Be very courteous and cooperative when dealing with the rangers
- Dogs should be on a leash at all times once you leave the parking lot and head in to Rocktown
- Speed limit on all roads in the WMA is 20 MPH
- No camping in Rocktown or on Lost Wall ridge.
- Encourage others to do these things and don’t tolerate any behavior from others that poses the slightest threat to access.
- No drugs or alcohol.
- Padding must be used on trees when top-roping or rappelling.
- No cutting of live vegetation especially at the base of boulders.
- The placement of any bolt requires written permission from The Department of Natural Resources. It is a felony to place a bolt at Lost Wall or Rock Town. You will be charged with “Defacement of Government Property”.
- Camping is free, but the maximum stay is 2 weeks. If you feel you must stay longer, please leave the area and go to Sandrock for a week and then you may return.
For Emergencies, Dial 911.